Friday, August 07, 2009

When Pirates Attack

Last spring I took a class in game design and I ended up developing a small prototype/proof of concept. I linked some of the character designs earlier, and I figured I might as well put up some screenshots and a link to the actual demo if anyone were interested in checking it out. It's an attempt at a 2d side scrolling action game, similar to Devil May Cry but with nowhere near as indepth of a combat system. I mostly wanted to focus on fun characters and actions.






While I did a lot of the work, I had some help from some other members of the class who helped with getting some of the artwork into the game (Ben Lamboy), music (Nick Gingarella and Tyler Boyd) and enemy coding (Nick again).

If you'd like to give it a shot, you can download it here. There's a simple tutorial to get you started with moving around. For the menu, just use the arrow keys and enter.

1 comment:

John Campbell said...

I can't figure out how to kill the cannon ball guy :(