Sunday, August 27, 2006

Ingame, Rev.1

It's been a long weekend, but I've finally got Priss into Unreal and working. There are still a couple skinning and rigging things that could be tweaked; I want to get a specularity map working on her to make her suit all shiny like, and just a better looking texture in general. But at the moment I'm pretty happy with it. Next will be to get the motorslave bike working as a ridable vehicle, I think. I need a break from Priss for a bit.


Now that didn't come out right.

Vacation Sketches

About 2 weeks ago I was up in the bay area to visit a new biggie sketchbook (which promptly started to fall apart...crappy binding). Did a bunch of sketching when I could while trying to be sociable.

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Friday, August 25, 2006

Priss update

Ok. So my computer I have been going through a big hassle to get my files off so I can work on it while it gets repaired. Anyhow here's an update on Priss...have just about finished the UVs and the Normal Softening/hardening to make it a bit smoother in some aspects, make the armor stuff seem like armor and the soft parts seem like soft parts.

Did a few tests with a skeleton but lost that data when I was doing the UV Layout, but it shouldn't take me too much longer to redo it now that I have a better idea of how many influences I'll need per bone.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

I'm not so good with Texturing.

Here's a couple textures I've been working on; not for the models I posted before but for some simpler things; a rocket/missile; and a gun. I'm not great with texturing so I figured I'd start working with some simpler things. They're both still in progress, but they need to be dirtied up a bit more, and a little bit more detail added. It's slow going but hopefully as I do more I'll get a bit more efficient.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Been working in 3d a bit this last week or so; trying to get some stuff done that I can throw into Unreal Tournament 2004 just to understand a bit more about working within a game engine's specs, and doing some stuff for a 3d portfolio. I've always wanted to model Priss from Bubblegum Crisis in 3d; it's something I've started and stopped every couple years; this time I think I'm actually close to finishing it. It's around 2500 polys right now; I want to keep her under 3k but I still have to find a way of modeling some underform to connect all the armor pieces together. The left hand isn't done either, just the fingers.

I'm also working on doing the motorcycle version of the Motorslave motorcycle; I'm going to try to do it in a way that the same pieces could be used to make the Motoroid/battlesuit form. And then if it's possible make it transform...but that's a long ways off. Have to get it modeled and working as a motorcycle vehicle first.