Thursday, January 15, 2009

Cockpit sketch

I...live....again. Here's something I did the other day while I decided I was sick of just doing the usual warm up sketches that I've been kind of stuck in a rut doing lately. There's a couple things I don't like about it, might try doing a couple tweaks to the overall gesture to try to loosen him up. Also there's this thing I have about drawing tightly confined spaces, that I never know how far "into" the drawing to set the camera. This is probably more to do with me not planning out any sort of composition, and just coming up with this drawing that has no real action or story to it.

1 comment:

Karthik Padmanabhan said...

I was just surfing through neighboring blogs to kill some time and landed on yours. Nice work. I just have the penchant for drawing, right from schooldays; especially cartoon characters. I read a lot of “Learn to Draw Cartoon” books and can draw fairly well by looking at any cartoon.

The Warner bros. animated series – Batman and the Justice League characters are my personal favorites.

I have one request though; it would be great if you could post different stages of an artwork so we could see how it transformed into the final piece of work.

I will surely keep visiting this place for more of your work.