Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Camping sketches, 7-17-06; The exciting Conclusion...


Here's a more refined sketch that I was trying to turn into a background/layout, using 3 depth/value layers: The far mountain range in the far bg, a midrange hill with a lot of trees, and the trees/bushes in the closest foreground layer. I think I might have messed up the values when I scanned it into Photoshop and played with the contrast. I still think the bg is a bit hard to see, I'll have to keep playing with that 3 layer value thing.

The Spider car/tanks came from some discussing involving driving down a freeway in a MadMax-like vehicle shaped as a spider, with jaws in the front that would pull racer kiddies into it's giant metal shredding jaws, whilst spitting fire from the sides, and electricity arcing between the pipes of the massive pipe organ coming out of the back, while the villain played and his ridiculously long trenchcoat blowing in the wind behind him.

Oh, and a robot.

No comments: