Sunday, February 10, 2008

3x Faster...

For those of you familiar with Gundam or Halo at all, here's an idea that I've been kicking around for a bit, and finally got around to executing a bit. A Char Custom Spartan Armor, a combination of the Armor from Halo and Char's Custom Zaku from Mobile Suit Gundam. This was a bit of a challenge in a couple ways, trying to mash the two together so that they are still recognizable to people familiar with either or both, and then just trying to come up with a style/pose that I liked. I have a couple almost completed sketches in other poses before I decided to stick with this one and ink it. Then, since I originally wanted to get this done for a friend's birthday I got as far on it as I could before midnight so I didn't send it to him too late. My inking ability still leaves a lot to be desired, so time that I could have spent on improving the coloring got eaten up a bit by me trying to clean up inks I wasn't happy with. Probably could use a floor/bg of some sort, now that I think about it.

Update: It's now part of the banner/top image up at www.destroytokyo.com

No comments: